I am going to admit something that I know can really enable me to catch a lot of heat from some of the guys that I hang out around. (MMA Fighters) But I am going to take this moment and use you for a little therapy. Ready, here we go.
I am a romantic.
I am the one in our marriage that is planning the romantic events. I am the one that is trying figure out how we can have really special moments. I am not sharing anything that my wife wouldn’t be willing to say isn’t true. In fact when we were first married it used to really drive me crazy. I mean I think that someone that knew Michelle and I really well bought her one of those books about being romantic. (True story) She has really changed since then, just saying. But I have always wanted to make things special.
So I want to share a few things with some guys out there that are not so romantic:
- Think of her and not you. (A back rub can be just that.)
- Find out what she calls romantic. (That means asking questions and then remembering, if you can’t remember then download, Evernote.)
- Romantic does not mean expensive, it does mean personal. (Plan things that mean something to you both as a couple, took my wife to eat at the place where I proposed to her. Wrote love notes to her and placed them in her car while she was at work.)
- Romantic means that she can show what you have done off to other women. (Ladies will probably deny this, maybe. But they want to be able to brag to the other ladies around them about what you do.)
- Romantic means that you are setting the standard in your home. (If you are a dad of daughters then you are making it tough on the guys your daughters will date. If you are a dad of sons then you are setting the standard for what they will do.)
- Make sure that you are totally focused on her and nothing else. (There is a time for couple dates, pick a place to eat with out ESPN, and remember that you don’t have to tweet about it.)
If you want to share in the comment section other ways that you can be romantic that would be awesome. I just ask that you keep them PG at least. (haha)