Sunday Night Thoughts
I am really excited about the new series that we have started today at Elevation. The focus for this series is getting people to understand that when they are in a relationship with Jesus that they become, “NEW”. In fact the theme verses for this series are:
2 Corinthians 5:16&17 16 “So we have stopped evaluating others from a human point of view. At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know him now! 17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!”
The hope is that people will be able to see that God being a great dad has enabled us to have a new life through His son Jesus. That when we are in a relationship with His son we are able to get a new start and that we are no longer who we used to be. So why is it that I hear more and more followers of Jesus identify themselves with their past or with their problems? Why also is it that as followers of Jesus that we feel more and more okay with pointing our fingers at others past’s and problems? I believe that it is because we forget that we are NEW in Jesus.
So here are some NEW things that I want to share with you:
- We were able to see 4 people say Yes to a relationship with Jesus.
- From those 4 people, 2 of them picked up gift bags at Information Services.
- There were new people deciding to be on the Dream Team at Elevation.
- We had 26 people pick up Christmas gift tags for the students at Mrachek that are a part of Save Our Youth.
- I had a mother share with me that both her and her daughter felt comfortable at Elevation. In fact she already felt like it was home for them.
- We also asked the people who attend Elevation to share with us the pictures and stories of the tattoo’s that they have. So that we can really understand how they feel that they have been marked.
I can not wait to see what happens as we continue to through this series this month. We also are going to be sharing some really exciting news this coming weekend. So if you are in Aurora this weekend, be at Elevation on Sunday. It’s going to be a rush!