Monday Morning Mind Dump
Every Monday brings a new set of celebrations and challenges. We are able to celebrate all that we saw Jesus do through the ministry of Elevation Christian Church. Then walk through the challenges of being a leader of a church start and especially one that is calling the Devil on his junk. As we walk through our series “Five Lies of the Devil”. So I want to share with you some of the things that we have to celebrate from this Sunday:
- We had four people say yes to Jesus in our two gatherings. I can never stop getting excited about that.
- We had two families share with us how much there kids love coming to church. My sister shared with me that her son put going to church on his favorite thing to do list for the last year. LOVE IT!
- We had new people added to our music teams and they are doing an amazing job.
- One individual said that this is the first time that He has felt accepted at a church.
- We had 175 people come to our two gatherings. That is our largest attendance since our launch weekend.
So with all that what would be the challenges? The challenge comes from the enemy in the area of doubt. The challenge also comes in the form of trying to make sure that everything is done RIGHT NOW. The challenge comes from the comments that are not positive. The challenge comes from just feeling tired and dealing with the monday morning holy hangover. But I am excited to say that I am currently reading through Joshua and my life verse is staring me in the face.
Joshua 1:9 (NLT) “This is my command-be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
I pray that each and every one of the church leaders today is able to remember that we are commanded to be courageous and to remember that we don’t go alone.