It was a great Father’s day. I was able to spend this weekend at Mountianview Community Christian Church in Highlands Ranch. It was such an honor and privilege to be there and to be able to speak. Here are just some quick things that I was able to really enjoy this weekend:
- No matter what when you share God’s word there should be an opportunity for people to respond. We saw at least 70 people say YES to Jesus today.
- That there are some amazing church leaders like Jim Phillips in Colorado. Jim allowed me to speak and he also allowed us to ask the people in the church he leads to join us in the beginning of Elevation. What a man with a kingdom perspective.
- That humor can really set up a great point. It is OK to laugh at ourselves, even when it is uncomfortable.
- That having my wife and kids with me this whole weekend was amazing and I am so blessed to have them on loan from Jesus.
- That God brings people in and out of our lives in amazing times and way. Loved be able to spend time with people this weekend that I have not seen in years. (Thanks for the encouragement Chuck.)
- That God is bringing people into Elevation that I would have never imagined and it is so much fun doing life together with them. Even if they do like soccer.
- That the kids in my house can really get me to the heart with the things that they right on cards and facebook. Thanks Danielle, Tyler, and Morgan.
- Finally, that no matter what happens God is in control and I am just along for the ride.
I hope and pray that all of the Fathers out there had an amazing day and that they each remember that God has placed in our families not to just provide for them, but to lead them. May each and everyone one of you, lead like Jesus.