I wanted to be able to share with you all some of the amazing things that I have been able to walk away with from the travels that I have been on for the last couple of weeks.
From April 18th – 24th I was in Orlando, Florida for the Exponential Conference for church planting. There I was able to meet and connect with some amazing people as well as learn some new and amazing things. I love it when I am able to be challenged in my thinking as well as be affirmed in other areas. But I have to say that the best part of was hanging out with other church planters and church leaders. Just to be able hear what God is doing through some many diverse churches is way cool. When it came to the conference and the speakers that I was able to listen to there are two men that really stuck out for me. There was Craig Groeschel and he had a couple of statements that are still resinating with me right now as I look over my notes from the session:
- It’s not about how you package it, it is about God’s presence.
- Luke warm pastors build luke warm churches
- Build a church on what you are about not what you are not about
- Don’t blame yourself for the declines because you will take credit for the increases
In the session that he talked about Building a movement he challenged us with the following statements:
- What if? What if 3,000 people came to know Christ in a day? What if the church is where God does miracles?
- Dare to ask questions that no one is asking.
- Do what others won’t do – Revolutionaries break the rules!
- Where we are to where God wants us to be is the amount of pain we are willing to endure.
- You have to hurt like others are not willing to be hurt.
Then the last session of the week was Francis Chan pastor and author and he just rocked my socks off with what the Lord had him share and here are a few of the highlights:
- When was the last time you were astonished by someone be bold?
- God wants to astonish people
- We have been preaching exegetically but we have not been living that way.
- Are we more like the prophets of bale or Elijah?
Then what he did to conclude the week was have all of those that were there to start churches to come forward and there would be people to pray over you and anoint you with oil. I was so deeply moved by this time, the prayer, the anointing, that I began to break down. I got up and began to walk back to my chair and an awesome man of God named Troy Dean another pastor came over and threw his arms around me and prayed so much encouragement into me and my spirit that I then broke down. I then sat there in my chair just enjoying the time that I was experiencing in the Lord’s presence as people sang and prayed. I cannot wait to be able to share with others what that week and that anointing will do for Elevation Community Church in the years to come. It is all about what the Spirit of the Lord is doing and continues to do as we follow him in starting this church.
More to come about the other conference that I went to in Charlotte. More amazing things to share.