The moments that you get to experience in the life of a church start are amazing. Especially as a church start that is reaching people that don’t go to church. I had a conversation with a lady today that is thinking about when to get baptized and if she will have recovered from her surgery in time for one this month. I then had a conversation with a guy that came for the first time and was amazed that the pastor the church was wearing jeans and a Tap Out t-shirt. He let me know that he was worried that his shirt would keep him from being allowed at church. It was a rock band t-shirt, I just laughed and said I like that band too. So here are some of things that I thought about:
- We had two people say “Yes” to Jesus.
- We were blessed to have 17 people “Join The Team” at Elevation. First time having dinner while we had the huddle it was awesome.
- Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate chip cookies make even big guys smile. (Thanks Michelle for making them.)
- In a church start that is portable there are still things that we forget to bring with us to church. (This Sunday’s programs. OOPS!)
- That enabling people to belong before they believe is a huge thing. We have had two guys this month alone that have been serving that said “Yes to Jesus”.
- That no matter what you do there are always going to be things that will need to be tweeked and changed a little.
- The people on the team enable the team to be the best that you can be.
- The series that we are doing “Make War” has caused us to really see that we are in a spiritual war. That we are excited to see that God is using us in this war.
- That I miss seeing my son in the church on Sunday’s. Had through that in since he has been off to school for two Sundays now.
I have to say that even though that it is Sunday night and I am a little tired, I CAN’T WAIT FOR NEXT SUNDAY!
What are you excited about when it comes to being at the church you attend?
Here is a great way that a very creative person put together thoughts about today. Today is the day that Jesus gave His life for us. A day that has changed my life forever, how about you?
Remember life is not about waiting for a funeral but living everyday as it is a PARTY!
Hey guys and gals let’s take a few moments and let everyone know who you think is going to win the Superbowl.
I want to share with you all that this weekend we are continuing in our series “Where’s My Bailout”. But we are going to be doing something that will catch some people off guard. We are going to be . . . well you will have to just come and find out. We will be having our two services at 9:00 & 10:30AM at Dalton Elementary 17401 E Dartmouth Ave Aurora, CO 80013-2213. Come and see what God does when we let Him have control of our finances.
Don’t forget that this is Daylight Savings weekend and we are going to be springing forward with our clocks one hour. Don’t forget!
I am so excited to be able to take this Christmas season and read through the bible about this story as we go through the series “Home for Christmas”. We know that the home is really the heart and that is what we want to focus on when it comes to the Christmas season. We want to make sure that our hearts are focused on Jesus. So here are the verses that we can read through together, make sure that you share with me what you see Jesus doing in you as we read through this together.
Dec 7: Exodus 25
Dec 8: Matthew 25:31-46
Dec 13: Psalm 150
Dec 14: Acts 15:22-31
Dec 16: Matthew 2:1-12
Dec 17: Galatians 4:1-7
Dec 19: Luke 11:1-13
Dec 20: John 1
Dec 21: John 21:25
Dec 22: Psalm 100
Dec 23: Matthew 25
Dec 24: John 3:16